For the purpose of this Privacy Notice ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ means Covéa Life Limited.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This page gives a brief summary of the ways that we collect and use your personal
data. Please visit www.coveainsurance.co.uk/dataprotection for further information about how and when
How We Use Your Information
The personal information, provided by you (or anyone acting on your behalf), is collected by or on our behalf
and may be used by us, our employees, agents and service providers acting under our instruction for the
purposes of insurance administration, underwriting, claims handling, research or for statistical purposes.
We may process your information for a number of different purposes. For each purpose we must have a legal
ground for such processing. When the information that we process is classed as ‘sensitive personal information’,
we must have a specific additional legal ground for such processing.
Generally, we will rely on the following legal grounds:
- It is necessary for us to process your personal information to provide this policy and services related
to it. We will rely on this for activities such as assessing your application, managing your
policy, handling claims and providing other services to you.
- We have an appropriate business need to process your personal information and such business need
does not cause harm to you. We will rely on this for activities such as maintaining our business
records and developing, improving our products and services.
- We have a legal or regulatory obligation to use such personal information.
- We need to use such personal information to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- You have provided your consent to our use of your personal information, including sensitive personal
How we share your information
In order to sell, manage and provide our products and services, prevent fraud and comply with legal and regulatory
requirements, we may need to share your information with the following types of third parties:
- Reinsurers, Regulators and Authorised/Statutory Bodies
- Credit reference agencies
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Crime prevention agencies, including the police
- Suppliers carrying out a service on our behalf
- Other insurers, business partners and agents
- Other companies within the Covea Insurance Group
We will not use
your information or pass it on to any other person for the purposes of marketing further products
or services to
you have consented to this.
Fraud Prevention and Detection
In order to prevent or detect fraud and money laundering we may check your details with various fraud prevention agencies,
who may record a search. Searches may also be made against other insurers’ databases. If fraud is suspected,
information will be shared with those insurers. Other users of the fraud prevention agencies may use
this information in their own decision making processes.
explaining how the information held by fraud prevention agencies may be used or in which circumstances
we conduct credit reference checks and how these checks might affect your credit rating.
We may use automated tools with decision making to assess your application for insurance and for claims handling processes.
If you object to an automated decision, we may not be able to offer you an insurance quotation.
How to Contact Us
Officer, Covéa Life Limited, 50 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4JX or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.